This is a minimally invasive procedure whereby tiny Polydiaxanon sutures with miniscule barbs attached are inserted just under the sagging skin. Once inserted the sutures are then pulled on, the barbs pull the tissue therefore elevating the skin. Additionally, the sutures stimulate collagen production, consequently adding texture, firmness and body to the area over time.
This procedure is widely used throughout Europe and is extremely popular in the Japan, Korea and South America.
PDO (Polydiaxanon) can be used to lift and tone various parts of the body. This procedure offers an augmentation with subtle changes where for example a full-face lift is not needed. It has been used to address sagging brow lines, sagging cheeks (jowls) and necks among other areas. The procedure can be done for example during the lunch hour and make up can be applied so patient can return to work. There is essentially no down time.
At Shores Aesthetics, our convenient afternoon (3 pm to 6:30 pm) hours also means no time away from work and may be right for you.
Prior to Thread Lift® Procedure:
- Aspirin, Vitamin E – avoid for 10 days
- NSAIDS – avoid for 7 days
- Alcohol – avoid 3 days prior to procedure
- Valtrex 2GM night before or day of procedure and another 2 GM 12 hours after first dose for individuals who have 6 or more herpes breakouts a year
Post Treatment Recommendations:
- Arnica or Vitamin K, may be applied after procedure for 5-7 days for bruising and swelling if needed
- Avoid baths (only shower)
- Avoid active exercise/sports for one (1) week
- Avoid massage for 1 month (4 weeks)
- Avoid direct heat
- Avoid Laser/IPL 1 month (4 weeks)
- Hematomas Only (Blood Clot type bruises) – cold compresses may be applied
- Keep head elevated on several pillows for the first 3 nights after procedure.
- Avoid any direct pressure to the face and area where the sutures were placed for one (1) week after the procedure. (Example: sleeping on your face, known as the face down position, etc.)
- Avoid excessive chewing, talking, yawning, smiling, and other facial movements during this period of time.
- You may wash your hair and face.
- Report any increased severe redness or irritation lasting over 5 days or if you have any questions or concerns you may call our office 305-756-5200.
Please call or visit us for a free consultation to see if this procedure may be right for you.